Arrival by Car
Low Graythwaite Hall is a short drive from Junction 36 of the M6 Motorway (we can provide full directions on request).
Arrival by Train
Low Graythwaite Hall is close to both Windermere and Ulverston railway stations, and Oxenholme is on the main west coast line.
Check In/ Check Out Times
Check in is between 3pm-6pm. Check Out is at 10am on the day of departure.
We welcome children to both Low Graythwaite Hall and Dairy Cottage. We can provide a travel cot and high chair free of charge.
A complimentary basket of coal/logs for the open fire are provided on arrival. Additional coal/logs can be purchased prior to arrival (please enquire for more details).
Dogs are welcome in Dairy Cottage, but must be exercised in the woods next to the cottage. We do not allow dogs full access of Low Graythwaite Hall, but offer Dog Accommodation in a specific room in the Hall (please enquire for more details).
These are some of the ways in which we hope to make a difference:
- Hot water thermostat set at 60°C.
- A number of low energy bulbs have been fitted. Others have been identified with a short-term programme to replace.
- All accessible hot water and heating pipes insulated.
- Locally sourced supply of sustainable wood used on log fires.
- Water from the stream in the garden is used to water plants.
- Programme to use ‘A’ rated electrical appliances for replacements.
- Toilet ‘Hippos’ fitted to reduce water consumption.
- Commercial recycling of bottles and plastics.
- Garden and kitchen waste is composted.
Ways that you may like to help:
- Please do not leave any unnecessary lights on when you go out.
- At night please close the curtains before you go out.
- Please do not leave the TV in stand-by mode.
- You can adjust the radiator valves in the bedroom and bathroom to suit your own comfort. (Too high a setting and having the windows open at the same time will only contribute to wasting energy.)
- Ensuring that in winter months the front door is kept closed to retain heat.
- Support local businesses…it helps to keep them viable for all of us.
Holiday Rentals – Changeover Days
Monday and Friday.
Linen and Towels
All bed linen and towels are provided.
Ample parking available for several cars (please enquire for more details).
Smoking is not permitted in either Low Graythwaite Hall or Dairy Cottage but it is permitted in the grounds. Please pick up after yourself.
Terms & Conditions
For all bookings we require a non-refundable deposit of 50% per stay to confirm the booking. The balance is due 8 weeks prior to your stay. If you book within 8 weeks of your holiday, full payment is required at the time of booking. All deposits are non-refundable.